N.B – The attention of exhibitors is especially directed to Rules 4, 5, 6 & 7 and to the closing dates for entries.
1. Admission to all sections of Show: Adults £1.50, members and children free.
2. Presentation of cups and awards for adults and children will commence at 4.30pm in the Hall. Prize money may be collected from 4.00pm from the Show Office.
3. Unless alternative arrangements are made with the Treasurer, all adult prize-monies not collected on Show Day or within one week thereafter shall be regarded as donations to the Society.
4. All classes are open to members and non-members. Entry fee: Members 20p, Non-Members 50p, Children 20p (but 50p if entering adult classes).
5. Entries to all classes must be made out on the forms provided and sent to the Secretary no later than 7 days prior to the Show. No entry will be accepted unless accompanied by the appropriate fee.
6. Exhibitors will be allowed only one entry per class, except for poultry and egg classes, where there is a maximum of 3 entries per exhibitor. No Art or Handicraft exhibit to be more than five years old, and no exhibit to have been previously entered in the West End Show. An exhibit may only be entered in one class.
7. The hall will be opened at 8.00 am. Judging will start promptly at 10.30 am and no exhibitors will be allowed in the hall after this time. The Show will be open to the public at 2.00 pm.
8. Any person trying to gain prizes in a fraudulent manner will be debarred from exhibiting again, and the Committee will demand the return of any prize or prizes so gained. Adult prize monies shall be: 1st £4.00, 2nd £2.50 and 3rd £1.50, unless otherwise stated. Children’s prize money – see children’s section. Fun Classes – vary.
9. Any exhibit carrying a label, name, or any other feature, which could identify the exhibitor, or be seen as an advertisement or promotion for any purpose, shall be disqualified and excluded from judging, unless the feature is covered over.
10. Any objection by a subscriber or exhibitor must be lodged in writing with the Secretary before 3.00 pm on the day of the Show. In all cases the decision of the Committee shall be final.
11. Exhibits in Classes 10 – 129 and 200 – 222 must be grown or made by the exhibitors.
12. The Committee reserves the right to reduce, or add to, the number of prizes in any class, at their discretion.
13. Members will be admitted to the Society on payment of the annual subscription of not less than £2.50, or a Special Prize of not less than £8.00 which must be paid on or before the Saturday on which entries close.
14. No exhibit may be cleared from the hall before completion of Prize Giving on the day of the Show. Any exhibit not cleared by 6.00 pm will be left at the exhibitor’s risk.
15. Awards for most points in the various sections will be calculated as follows: In classes of three prizes, 3 points for a 1st, 2 for a 2nd and 1 for a 3rd. In children’s classes, 4 for a 1st, 3 for a 2nd, 2 for a 3rd and 1 for a 4th. In cases where exhibitors have equal points, the winner will be the person winning most firsts. If still equal, then most seconds, and so on.
16. Cups must be returned by winners, by the closing date for entries the following year.
17. No exhibitor acting as a Steward may accompany a Judge in any class in which he or she is exhibiting.
18. Judging will be conducted under RHS, NDS and NHS rules where applicable.
19. Neither the Society nor any of its officers or servants shall be responsible for any thing that may happen to exhibitors, their servants, or any other person or to any exhibit at the Show. It shall be considered a condition of entry that each exhibitor shall hold the Society harmless and shall be considered to indemnify the Society against any legal proceedings arising from any occurrence.
20. Where measurements are imperial, the nearest metric equivalent will be acceptable.