Where: Manor Farm, Stoke D’Abernon, Cobham
When: Sunday 3rd September 2017.
Ploughing commences at 10am, prize giving 2.30pm.
Look out for the signs and arrows as you approach the farm in Cobham.
Class 1. Open to Tractors with not less than 2 furrow ploughs (for previous first prize winners at any show).
Prizes: 1st £20 2nd £15 3rd £10 Prizes donated by Sendmarsh Tractors
Class 2. Open to Tractors with 2 furrow ploughs.
Prizes: 1st £20 2nd £15 3rd £10 Prizes donated by Mr P Martin
Class 3. Open to Tractors with 3 or more furrow ploughs.
Prizes: 1st £20 2nd £15 3rd £10 Prizes donated by the Ian Wooldridge Foundation
Class 4. Match Ploughs only.
Prizes: 1st £20 2nd £15 3rd £10 Prizes donated by Mr W J Medhurst
Class 5. Novice Class (all ages, never to have won a prize for ploughing).
Prizes: 1st £20 2nd £15 3rd £10 Prizes donated by the Goff Family
Class 6. Best Maintained Tractor.
Prizes: 1st £6 2nd £4 3rd £3 Prizes donated by Mr A G Wooders
Class 7. Best Maintained Vintage Tractor (built prior to 1960).
Prizes: 1st £6 2nd £4 3rd £3 Prizes donated by P Jarman Agricultural Services
For Information and Entry Forms:
Mr R Goff
2 The Cedars, Bisley Green, Woking, Surrey GU24 9EN
Tel: 07899048030 or 01483 475645
Ploughing Match Rules
– Entries will be taken on the day.
– All ploughmen to be on the ground at 9.30am.
– Ploughing commences at 10.00 am and finishes not later than 1.30 pm only last furrow left.
– Disqualification will follow if this rule is not observed.
– Entry fee: £10.00 in Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
– Start with horn sounding. Finish with horn sounding.
– Finishes should be no deeper than 12”, otherwise penalties will be incurred.
– Ins and Outs will be taken into consideration.
– The Committee reserves the right to put competitors in any class which appears to be suitable.
– No person to cross the ground after ploughing has commenced.
– No assistance of any description to be given to the ploughmen. Veerings to be ploughed inwards, followed by three complete bouts, moving along the field towards the higher number.
Prize-giving at 2.30 pm.